SW150P on a SW supatrak mount?

Already post a post about putting a SW200P on my supatrak mount but as my fears were made clear to big and heavy (gutted got enough pennies for the 200p ota but not for its mount-eq5), i like my mount and looking for a "goto" hand controller as we speak (anyone got one for sell?), so i have 2 more thoughts:icon_scratch:.....

Will my old EQ2 mount take the 200p? seems stronger then supatrak

Would a 150p be ok for the supatrak?

I so much want the 200p :(

I've used a Supatrak and I felt it was right on the limit with a 130mm F/5 to be honest. The standard tripod legs are too spindly to dampen vibrations - they are even thinner than the often criticised ones that come with mounts like the AZ-3 and the EQ3-2.

I tried my 4" F/6.5 refractor on the Supertrak (a 10lb tube assembly) and even that was not too happy.

If you could fit some of the steel pipe tripod legs onto that mount, like the ones the EQ5 uses then you might be in with a chance but there is also the issue of whether the drives could cope with the additional weight / inertia of the larger tube.

An undermounted scope is a frustrating thing to use !.

I would hazard a guess that a 200P would be far too big for an EQ2. Weight is one thing but its size and resulting balancing etc would be difficult. Resulting in vibe city, I would have thought.

Even a EQ3-2 would be a struggle if vibration is a concern :( I have a longer version of the 150P (PL) and it's length is an issue as it exaggerates the wobble.

Even a EQ3-2 would be a struggle if vibration is a concern :( I have a longer version of the 150P (PL) and it's length is an issue as it exaggerates the wobble.

I haven't found vibration to be an issue if you keep on top of the balancing which is what you want to do anyway. I know the 150PL with extra gubbins on is pretty much the limit of the weight the mount can take in terms of product line but it's capable of it easily.

Hey buddy,

Apparently the SupaTrak mount should only hold upto a 130P. I looked into it myself as I was going to get a 150P instead of the 127 MAK. Everyone I spoke to gave me the same answer, the 150P would be too heavy for the SupaTrak mount and you should not go any bigger than the 130P if you're using a SupaTrak mount.

However, with all the said, I wonder if anyone has actually tried it?

Archived