Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What am I doing wrong??

Ok, tonight was perfectly clear - not a cloud in sight so we decided to take the scope and eps out an hour before we wanted to start viewing in order to get the setup to amibent tempertaure. Went out with the idea of some DSO and a shot or two of Jupiter which has been putting on a great show!

Using a Celestron Powerseeker 127eq and an unmodded 1000d. Attached the t-ring to the camera body and slipped it into the focus eyepiece on the scope. Located a star body in the finderscope and proceeded to bulb shoot in 30 second increments starting from 30 secs up to 3 mins. Took upwards of 12 shots and then moved onto Jupiter. Looks great through the 20x Plossi and looked 'similar' on the live view of the camera. Again took numerous shots and then decided to call it a night - up for work too early in the morning!

Came in to view the pics on the laptop and disappointment aplenty!

All the DSO attempts were blank and the shots of Jupiter lacked any detail, and were out of focus.

Being a complete noob to this I wondered if anyone had any pointers? Is it possible to attached an eyepiece to the camera and use the scope for magnification? I know you can afocal to get shots but thats only really worked out on the moon. Any thoughts??

My first shots of Jupiter were through a Hyperion zoom set at 12mm attached to an unmodded 1000D using a T-ring and ep adaptor. You can however use a rig that will hold a camera to any ep without adaptors but I haven't tried that yet.

Universal Digiscoping Adaptor 2 | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

SteadyPix Deluxe Camera Mount | Orion Telescopes

Thanks Brant :( so the Hyperion zoom set acts in a similar way to a normal eyepiece but acts as a eyepiece for the camera?

After thinking about the problem with DSO's i'm presuming my camera was stuck in the wrong creative mode. Here's hoping for clear skies :(

Archived