Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I think im good to go.

Can you cast an eye over this and see if im missing anything.

EQ6 > EQDIR > USB Hub > PC > EQMOD > CSC. This I have confirmed is Working

QHY6 > USB Hub > PC > ASCOM Driver > PHD > EQ6 via ST4 port on Camera. Not tested in a real world situation.

360 wired Controller > USB Hub > PC > EQMOD. Confirmed working.

Canon 450D > USB Hub > PC > EOS Control. Confirmed working.

Phillips webcam > USB Hub > PC > Sharpcap. Confirmed Working

So it looks like its all good but how do I confirm the Camera is giving out signals to the mount or that PHD is working?

After starting PHD and selecting the camera, start a loop to adjust focus. Once thats done and you've confirmed what mount your using in PHD in the drop down menu at the top of the screen you can then click the target which should start the calibration process. Once thats done I believe it starts guiding straight away.

A few test images can then be taken to see how well the guiding is going but you will be able to watch the updated image in PHD to see if your still locked on.

Watch out with the wired XBOX controller. I'm using one and it was a bit tetchy. I think it needs to go in the same USB port everytime.

I have issues with the 360 pad (which effect my CoD playing also )

The D-pad is USELESS !!! this is a well know short coming of the 360 pad though.

It does not like to work when PHD is running, but is fine other than not responding as i always like.. I blame the pad not my thumb !

I found my D pad worked ok but only in up, down, left, and right, tried any of the other positions and it didnt want to know. I'm using a madkatz one with the microsoft driver. It dosnt always respond straight away either which is a bit bizzare so I will be with great haste changing over to the PC rumble pad that EQMOD recommend.

Sounds like you'll be off and running soon enough though, so long as the weather plays ball...

Not an easy one that, I had a look at motorisng my Equinox and got lucky as a 2nd hand Lakeside setup became available.

When I was looking for a way to do it on a budget I found someone had made one from lego technic. Its on youtube and looked to work quite well.

Kev is that for your 600L?
yes Slysi, I think it would work on the 600, 400 and 200mm L's with differing belt lengths or even just a simple rubber friction wheel. In theory it should be pretty easy for any lens if there is space for the stepper.

Unless you know of a product already available?

edit: Sorry Earl going off topic, me bad :(

Archived