Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

cpc800 tips/advice please.

If you put it on a wedge then make sure the sloping part of the wedge is over a leg - especially if the legs aren't extended. If it's between two legs it will tip over. You'll need a 17ah power supply but go for the unbranded ones (eg in Maplins) they're a third of the cost of a Celestron/SkyWatcher power tank (sometimes cheaper on offer).

I find a two inch diagonal and binoviewers give awesome views of moon and planets. And I do prefer a right angled finder much more comfortable to use.

With very accurate alignment and tracking, and superb optics - you've chosen a fantastic scope there :(

I have the Celestron .63 reducer - but thats for astro photography on dso's. Some people like reducers for observing too but I didn't try that yet so can't comment.

I like a variety of ep's from 40mm down to 5mm. But the higher you go in power the more you need to expend on quality. At the low power end I find WO 40mm and 33mm Swans quite nice, I use TV 12mm, 8mm, 5mm Radians for high power. In between I like the Baader Hyperions (17mm) and a Baader Zoom ep (5 stops from 24mm to 8mm). I buy ep's s/h now - usually in mint condition and all under the £100 mark s/h. For a barlow the Celestron Ultima 2x is rated highly here (though I don't have one myself). I'd like a TV Powermate.

But really ep's are a personal thing - you need to try them to decide what you're most comfy with :(

Funny, i have been asking brantuk about his CPC to today as i am looking for my full time garden scope for visual only and will be putting it into a permanent set up. this will have limited space so wont fit a big reflector so the cpc fits the bill.. i am looking at the 9.25 as it seems to represent better value.

do keep us updated on this one :(

I use the Celestron XLT diag - also have the WO CF diag which is a bargain at FLO right now - both 2". Supposedly more light throughput than a 1.25 diag but I didn't look that close. All I know is it works great with 2" wide angle ep's and binoviewers and is more beefy/supportive for the extra weight :(

Archived