NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Jupiter Webcam Capture

Hi there

I thought I would give my partly modified (removed ir filter) Quickcam Pro 4000 webcam a go on Jupiter last night.

I captured a 1 min 40 secs avi at prime focus on my SW Explorer 130P. The image has been run through a basic registax process and has been cropped in Photoshop CS3.

Is this as good as it gets for the power of the scope or is there a way I could improve/enlarge the image with the equipment I already have?

Jupiter 06102010 2207.tif

post-20222-133877490031_thumb.jpg

Jupiter 20101006_2207 Registax.tif

I don't see a Barlow lens or similar listed,you could try that for the future.

You do have CS3 however, why not use that to further crop and enlarge the existing image.......... Makes for quite a nice picture.

(I've tweaked the colour a bit.......... hope you don't mind. ):(

post-13495-133877490082_thumb.jpg

I don't see a Barlow lens or similar listed,you could try that for the future.

You do have CS3 however, why not use that to further crop and enlarge the existing image.......... Makes for quite a nice picture.

(I've tweaked the colour a bit.......... hope you don't mind. ):(

I don't mind. It's made quite an improvement. I have got a x2 barlow, which i have to use for the dslr because of the focus tube problems on the 130p, it's only a standard SW with t thread.

Doh! i didn't think of using that last night cos it was connected to my canon so i could do quick swap arounds.

Archived