Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33

martin_h

After much faffing about in PS this is as good as I can get this (keeping in mind I havn't a clue what I'm doing):o

So....

14x 10 mins Stacked with darks and flats in DSS

Pushed, pulled and generaly bullied in CS3

Taken with - Evostar 100ED and QHY8 in Nebulosity 2

Guided with - ST80 and PHD on a HEQ5 pro

post-16950-133877488976_thumb.jpg

Well that's pretty good and, as for Photoshop thuggery, we all do it! Well, most of us...

I suspect you have a bad flat though, somwhere, becuase of that slightly dark patch above and just right of the nucleus.

There is a lot to admire in this image - good signal, dynamic range, detail. Nice one.

Olly

Nice Martin, M33 is a difficult one! Image has a purple/magenta cast on my monitor- perhaps a little too much red channel. Did you use a reducer on the ED100?

Stephen

Ive just looked at it on a different monitor and you're right there is a magenta cast-grrrrr.

And yes I used the dedicated reducer for the scope.

I suspect you have a bad flat though, somwhere, becuase of that slightly dark patch above and just right of the nucleus.

I've just checked through the flats are they are ok....but the patch is on the original light frames, the anoying thing is tho, I did the flats right after the lights for a new master set, so I don't know why the flat didnt pick it up...another thing to sort out!:o

Archived