Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wide angle lens with canon cls clip?

Hello, im just wandering can anyone suggest a wide angle lens that would fit my canon with the cls light pollution clip inserted, i own a 18-55mm EF-S lens which cant be used with the clip, or can i modify the 18-55mm lens so it fits? I know the 50mm EF lens works but would like to go wider. Any advice would be appreciated.

As long as you are using an EF mount lens, not an EF-S mount lens you'll be fine. I've done some tests with an old OM mount 24mm, and it worked perfectly (except for some rather nasty flare as the lens doesn't have the coatings digital lenses do). I've heard, that you can remove the rear element of the 18-55 which will allow you to use the clip filter, but I've not done it, and I wouldn't want to hack up a usable lens, only to find it no longer is.

It's probably worth keeping an eye out for something wide, in maybe an M42 fitting, and get an adapter M42 to EF.

Archived