Starting a Club

Hi All,

I hope this is the correct place to post this one.

I am trying to start a local Astronomy Club/group, and wondered if any of you know of any start-up resources for new astro clubs. Things like how to book speakers and running the club. Anything really, it will all be most useful.

I have already got some info about it on the village website and the person running our local Newsletter is going to put an ad in for me, so I am underway.

Thanks,

Simon.

we run a little club, firstly started by putting thread up on SGL for members who are in the area to join up and have a discussion, pick a treasurer, that sort of thing.

find a site which you can all get to and folk want to use, don`t get to technical with the speakers and so on, these things wil come as the club builds up but i`d say concentrate on getting together first and having a laugh, maybe going to some other meets like our club went to Kelling this year and had a great time all next to each other, you can learn so much from one another and mybe a member could do a talk about something they are good at like imaging for example.

Archived