Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PixInsight M31 Re-Process

Euan

It's been cloudy for a while so I thought I'd give PI a run through with a really hard task, clean up some old data on M31 that has horrendous gradient issues

Here is the original image (November 2009)

5015484503_9d2e03191d_z.jpg

Here's what PI was able to extract using a luminance mask on the important bits, and a huge amount of DBE

5016093208_fe576d7bf7_z.jpg

Here is the finished image. I'm much happier with this, there is less being pulled out, but it's not as over processed and doesn't have as many issues as the original

There's still a few dust bunnies due to the fact I bypassed flats to help with the gradients, and the answer to that is to keep things clean from now on

5015484163_527e70f240_z.jpg

I do see your point there, the re-work is much less grainy and less processed, but for me personaly i really like the original. But then again im a sucker for star colours and difraction spikes :)

But I like them both each have there own qualitys, truly beautifull images. Well done ;)

Michael

Archived