Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

imaging equipment

As I forgot where the Toucam thread was, or whether there even was one, I've started a new one.

I saw this one, already modded, on Astro B+S for £70. Is that a good deal? Would you recommend spending £70 extra on that, even though I've already got an SLR ready for imaging? (still waiting for blumming Jessops to get my T2 mount in for the past month, at least)

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=8991

Could I even try hooking up my compact digital and take a movie through it, then stack that?

any advice for first imaging equipment appreciated.

AstroPhethean

It depends on what you want to image. A normal webcam works fine for the planets and moon. A modified webcam works great for DSO's, but if you already have a SLR (digital?) then i'de use that for DSO's and save your pennies (for a mount!)

To answer your question though, it's a good deal for £70

That's a fair price, IMO. Getting the mod done is around £50 anyway.

Depending on the SLR model, you may not be able to do more than 30 seconds long exposure, but with the web-cam this is not a problem.

Archived