Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The old elephant

harry page

Hi

The dark sky god came along and I got a few hrs on the old trunk :)

Took it with my 130mm APO which has taken a bit of getting used to , but I am getting there:evil6:

Taken with my sxvf m25 and in 10 min subs ( 380 min ) and processed in pixinsight

A Full view and a crop close up

Full high res version at http://www.harrysastroshed.com/Image%20html/elephant.html

Regards Harry

post-16736-133877483625_thumb.jpg

post-16736-133877483631_thumb.jpg

Yup, nice pachyderm, Harry. Very nice.

Now why does something as deliciously simple as an apo need getting used to? And while you're here, why can't I watch the Pixinsight videos having downloaded whatever it was they wanted me to download? I was able to watch yours, by the way, but not theirs.

Olly

Hi

I am afraid the APO was not well collimated and I had to beat it a bit:icon_scratch: , Also When there is a large temp shift the old focus moves a lot more than I was exspecting :)

As far as I know the official Pixinsight video's are " quicktime" and mine are wmv files ( easy to play ) I presume you have a quicktime player :)

Thanks for looking

Harry

Yup, nice pachyderm, Harry. Very nice.

Now why does something as deliciously simple as an apo need getting used to? And while you're here, why can't I watch the Pixinsight videos having downloaded whatever it was they wanted me to download? I was able to watch yours, by the way, but not theirs.

Olly

Archived