QHY5 installation - WINUSB.dll not found

milan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you can, but then you have to rely on EQmod settings for guiding, best to stick an ST4 cable in, set PHD mount to camera. keeps it simple then and lets PHD settings control your guiding.

As far as cables I plugged them all in and then taped them together to make a loom, make sit easier.

Thanks for the tips. Had a play inside and moved the mount around and stuff. Just need a clear evening to get it all outside now :)

Thanks to everyone for their assistance over the past few days. Not sure where i would be without this place for help.

• 10 months later...
Just got our netbook and installing the QHY 5. Its a Compaq mini 311c running xp Home SP3

Instructions i have say:

Install ASCOM5 platform

Install QHY5 system drivers

Install QHY5 ASCOM driver

Connect camera

Dont let windows connect to internet, specify it intalls driver automatically, ignore any warnings

Install QGVideo

Start then Close QG Video (comes up and says WINUSB.dll missing)

Install the 2nd driver, answer as before

Install PHD guiding

So if i start QG Video i get WINUSB.dll missing. When i run PHD it says cannot connect to camera having selected ASCOM v5 Camera and then CMOS QHY5

Advice?

Hi milan,

http://dllcentral.com/winusb.dll/6.0.6000.16386/

You can get the WINUSB.dll file from the above link.

this is the source which is best for solving this sort of dll related issues.

Click the Link on this page and it will fix your problem.

• 3 months later...

Archived