Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 installation - WINUSB.dll not found

milan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just tryed it on a different XP machine and get the same result as you...strange!

Ive got it running on an XP and a Vista machine using the same drivers..so I'm stuck on how to help.

Best of luck

You cannot install it on a different XP machine? If so is there a difference in what service packs are installed?

Ok I bit the bullet and uninstalled the driver from my machime and did a re-install...this is on a vista machine so who knows!

1 Uninstalled using - InstallTool.exe

2 download and install the driver from the sticky in this forum

3 plug in camera, let windows do its thing.

4 load PHD and choose the CCD Labs Q-Guider

5 bobs your whatsit!

In device manager on my machine is shows as LIB USB device....see attachment

post-16950-133877483595_thumb.jpg

Martin_h all i get in device manager is a USB device with the yellow question mark. Even though i have pointed device manager at the inf file and clicked next etc, when i use the QHY install tool it says there are no drivers installed.

I have 5 files in the 'QHY5_Drivers '---> 'driver' directory

they are:

cmosbase.inf

cmosio.inf

libusb0.dll

libusb0.sys

QHY5BASE.sys

in the cmosbase.inf the following are listed PID/VID numbers:

USB\VID_16C0&PID0296C

USB\VID_1618&PID0901

in the cmosio.inf file there are 7 x 3 PID sets listed, each set is Devices, Devices.NT and Devices.NTAMD64

all of the VID_ bits are followed by numbers, either 16, or 17. In device manager the PID number for my camera is as follows:

USB\VID_FF18&PID_0901 (then some other digits)

as you can see it starts with an a non numeric code, could this be why its not installing any drivers, i.e. it cant find the device listed in the inf files, so wont install anything?

Could this be a 5Yv? can anyone have a look at their PID in device manager?

Ive registered over at QHYCCD but they have to authorise a return email before you can post.

Curioser and curioser.

Thoughts?

So, see you all down the pub in 5? i owe you all a beer! :)

EDIT,

restored the netbook to out of the box status and am currently reinstalling 91 Windows updates!

I have 5 files in the 'QHY5_Drivers '---> 'driver' directory

they are:

cmosbase.inf

cmosio.inf

libusb0.dll

libusb0.sys

QHY5ASE.sys

in the cmosbase.inf the following are listed PID/VID numbers:

USB\VID_16C0&PID0296C

USB\VID_1618&PID0901

in the cmosio.inf file there are 7 x 3 PID sets listed, each set is Devices, Devices.NT and Devices.NTAMD64

all of the VID_ bits are followed by numbers, either 16, or 17.

Up to there we are the same..... I cant look in device manager cos im connected through a USB hub...so all it sees is the hub.

seems im missing the qhy5 file that you are showing as setup information martin. I assume its a inf file?

Odd.

Just also noted that the netbook is installing a .NET framework service pack 1 update. it didn't ask for that yesterday, although i did check i had the right version before installing ASCOM as they suggested. Would that cause problems for the driver?

Should i try again with the x32 and x64 drivers from the QHY website and then check the folder contents?

I have registered over at QHY, just need authorizing before i can post. Guessing since its the weekend that it will be Monday now :)

weied, i wonder why i dont get the QHY5.inf file then?

Hey ho. Think the next step is to post over at QHYCCD, then back to the shop...

Will keep this thread updated. :)

All suggestions welcome!

EDIT, thanks for the tip on the Ascom drivers :)

Just looked at the QHY5.inf file Martin has kindly sent me in text editor on my mac and the same thing, the PID numbers in there match the other inf files i mentioned above. Meaning my camera isnt listed.

Interestingly it looks as though that inf file also installs the winusb part which was mentioned earlier as its explicitly mentioned.

Ive emailed QHY and await their response since i cant post on their forum yet.

I just installed my QHY5 on my XP service pack 2 laptop today and had a few problems with the drivers that are on the QHY website.

When using the drivers and software from the QHY site I couldnt get QGvideo to work but the drivers had installed and the camera was recognised.

I then removed all the drivers and software and installed the ones that I had on a cd which came with the camera, these all work like a charm and also work with the beta version of QGvideo which was also on the cd.

After both installations I was able to get the camera working in PHD.

Not sure if its been mentioned before but when installing the drivers when you finally connect the camera to a USB port dont allow the computer to go online to check for drivers, just select not this time.

Just a thought, you do have a USB2 port dont you? If I remember rightly the QHY5 is USB2 only?

Hopefully times have changed on the QHY forum but it took weeks to get a response when I made an enquiry about 64bit drivers for the QHY6.

Tried all of the above, effectively what im seeing is that the drivers dont install (confirmed by the QHY driver removal tool which says no base drivers installed) so i cant even get to the point of trying it in PHD

SlySi84, when you removed the drivers did you just use windows add/remove programs?

Computer is a brand new netbook (Compaq 311c, bought especially for this and EQMOD!) and it has 3 USB2 ports :) , ive tried all 3 and 2 different usb cables

The more i look at it the more confident i am that its to do with the PID number not being in the inf lists.

If anyone could look in their device manager and report back on their PID code (my example above) that would be appreciated. (should be a 16 or 17 at the start i think)

Just another quick trouble shooting thought, do you have another computer you can plug the qhy5 into and install the drivers? Just in case its the netbook, either way it will rule out the qhy5 or the netbook. Also it seems these cameras firmware can be different depending on the supplier, where did you get yours from?

I have installed in XP 32bit, Vista 32bit and Win7 64bit all recognised the camera in device manager after the drivers were installed.

I have mine working on WIN XP 32bit, and WIN 7 64bit. The camera I have is over 2 years old and the drivers I have on the cd work better than the ones from the website.

If you want I can zip them up and email it all over to you. Its only about 6MB in size but it might be worth trying an older set of drivers.

Drop me a PM if you would like me to try.

Just another quick trouble shooting thought, do you have another computer you can plug the qhy5 into and install the drivers? Just in case its the netbook, either way it will rule out the qhy5 or the netbook. Also it seems these cameras firmware can be different depending on the supplier, where did you get yours from?

I have installed in XP 32bit, Vista 32bit and Win7 64bit all recognised the camera in device manager after the drivers were installed.

Thanks for posting your PID number. Your matches with what i would expect. I found the other thread over at qhyccd on friday evening (as listed above) and thats the reason why i checked the PID of the camera and think its related to the mismatch there. Got the camera from our local shop (Astronomia)

I do have another xp machine but its well out of date, may give it a try though just to see if the driver install.

I have mine working on WIN XP 32bit, and WIN 7 64bit. The camera I have is over 2 years old and the drivers I have on the cd work better than the ones from the website.

If you want I can zip them up and email it all over to you. Its only about 6MB in size but it might be worth trying an older set of drivers.

Drop me a PM if you would like me to try.

PM sent :)

Weirdly its good news, booted up the old XP desktop an installed the camera drivers from here first and get exactly the same problem:

"The Hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software"

Removed those drivers, rebooted and installed the ones that came with the camera, and hey presto same answer.

So it looks as though ive managed to isolate the problem to the camera and not a computer.

Will be talking to the local shop tomorrow :)

Archived