Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Close Up

daz

Got the obsy back together last night after Kelling and the clear sky compelled me to do something!!

So, decided to go for Andromeda, even though the FOV is too small to get it all in, it would be worth giving it a go. Having seen the subs this morning, I realised I had forgotten to frame the galaxy on the horizontal axis, so there is even less of it than you might think.

I also discovered that I had forgotten to reset TheSky's location, so it still thinks its in Kelling. So, when CCD Commander did a pier flip, the galaxy disappeared!! Ho hum!

Subs: 6 x 300 of Ha,R,G,B

Scope: ED80

Imaging Camera: SXVF-H9

Guide Camera: SX Lodestar on SX OAG

Filter: Baader 7nm HA,RGB in SX FW

Mount: EQ6 + EQDIR + EQMOD

Acquired, guided, registered, aligned, stacked in Maxim

Post Processing in CS4

And somehow I upset the imaging Gods as they struck me down with some stomach bug thing during the night :) Its because I had planned to image tonight as well, I know it - I just know it!!

post-12674-133877482727_thumb.jpg

That is amazing for an 80mm scope and the nucleus is tiny and well controlled, but cannot see much evidence of Ha, not sure if the central part has much anyway - how are you integrating Ha into image.

John.

I think you're right John.

It was combined in Maxim. I think I'll redo the combine in PS with the clear filter I took as well, and see if that looks better/different.

Been so long since I did any processing my head hurts!!! :)

And somehow I upset the imaging Gods as they struck me down with some stomach bug thing during the night :icon_eek: Its because I had planned to image tonight as well, I know it - I just know it!!

APPLE JUICE .......STAT !!!!!!! :)

Dont worry about the wrong axis , just do a mosaic :) , still its not too shabby so far :(

Archived