NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another DeepSkyStacker query

Sorry, another DSS query.

Can anyone tell me why this extract from a stacked set of around 20 images is blurred.

Each 3-minute frame is absolutely fine, with zero trailing, but whenever I try to stack it in DSS it eventually comes up with this image. It is as though it has stacked about three sets of the images slighty offset, rather than on top of one another. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

lukebl-albums-luke-s-images-picture6598-dss2.jpg

This is driving me loopy!

The original frames are all like the one on the left (heavily enlarged section) - nice round stars, but the stacked result is on the right. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it must be obvious, but I can't see it.

lukebl-albums-luke-s-help-images-picture6599-dss2a.jpg

I'd say it's not doing the alignment routine. There is an option to stack without aligning... Not that I can find that option. When you did the registration, in the file list, DSS should have added the DX DY and score counts.. What values show up for the first two or three... or better yet, post a screenshot of that section.

I'd say it's not doing the alignment routine. There is an option to stack without aligning... Not that I can find that option. When you did the registration, in the file list, DSS should have added the DX DY and score counts.. What values show up for the first two or three... or better yet, post a screenshot of that section.

Ahh. Thanks John. Just found that Alignment was set to 'No Alignment'. I'll have another go!

I have found through experimenting its best to aim for around 50 stars or less to be aligned and also right click on one of your frames and make it the reference frame too which all others are aligned to.

I often get different results each time I stack lol. The stacking preferences result tab also affects stacking, I leave mine on standard ATM.

Archived