NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Collimators - what's the difference between these...

Hi,

I need to buy a Cheshire and have a budget of £20. Can you please tell me if these two Cheshire collimators are OK? I definitely want a Cheshire and not a laser.

Ascension 1.25" Cheshire Collimation Eyepiece.

1.25in Push Fit Cheshire Collimation Eyepiece

Are these two 'standard' collimators? They are slightly cheaper than others I've seen but are they OK?

What's the difference between these two and this one - Collimation - Cheshire Collimating Eyepiece

Thanks folks!

The first one is the basic vanilla Cheshire, the second has an added crosswire to assist in locating the centre and the last one has an extended nosepiece to make it easier to focus the eye on the crosswire.

My Cheshire eyepiece now over twenty years old has no cross wire and has collimated everything from a 6" f8 to a 29 f4.5.

Either would do the job.

Ken

Thanks for that.

If that's the case then it's either between the second one and the one with the extended nosepiece (even though it's slightly above my budget).

Would you definitely say that the second one with the shorter nosepiece will do just as good a job as the one with the longer nosepiece?

Regards!

Archived