Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iris Nebula - NGC7023

tmarkuk

After seeing Gordon's stunning widefield I'm feeling a bit put off posting this, especially as I had attempted a similar widefield with my ZS66 earlier in the week only to get a very disappointing result. It doesn't seem to be an ideal target for the 1000D, those dust clouds just won't come out how I hoped they might.

Still I swapped to the 250mm reflector and had another go, hoping to get a decent image of the nebula itself at least, this is 42x10 minutes from the canon 1000D processed in Pixinsight.

Tim.

post-15227-133877479916_thumb.jpg

It is a good image - you have to judge these things depending on the equipment use. If you want a useful comment I'd say that maybe it is a touch too blue, especially in the stars, maybe more red (but don't turn it purple!!). Also the black looks a bit clipped.

I think Tom's on the button but the image is bright and sharp.

As for the dust, you just need a fast f ratio and long well guided subs. Aperture is not important. If you don't have a fast f ratio, good tracking and a lot of time, the dust will elude you. C'est la vie!

Olly

Archived