Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Camera to dovetail converter plate?

Blackheart

Hi all

Just picked up a Manfrotto 029 Mk2 on a model 075 tripod from the local car boot. Cosmetically it's in fairly poor nick, but everything works just fine and the motion of the head is really smooth. I don't have a particular use for it just yet, but it's a really substantial piece of kit and seemed like a bargain at £5.00.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's possible to get a converter plate to attach a standard dovetail. If so I could use it as a simple AZ mount for the Evostar 120 I am considering. The tripod extends to about about 7 feet, so no more lying on the floor to view the zenith!

Any suggestions gratefully received

BH

Thanks for that Merlin

I'd be surprised if the 120 was too heavy for this tripod. I've read that it will take about 10kg. The thing that might concern me would be the relatively small surface area that the dovetail plate sat on.

Cheers

BH

Archived