Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7***

mdstuart

Ana amazingly clear night again. NGC 891 was visible which shows seeing is good.

So I used the DSS images of galaxies in the 75** 76** and 77** to identify possible targets that I had not yet logged.

Any with a bright core of over 2mm diameter i targeted. So 7515,7550,7683,7743,7769,7771,7798..Basically all around the same area under the Pegasus square...

For once I was able to track them all down. So the DSS review seems to be a definitive way to identify dooable targets.

My favorites were 7769 and 7771 which are in the same FOV. 7769 was the brightest of the pair. There is a small galaxy off 7771 but I did not log it at the eyepiece. Might try again tonight but with the 4mm lens as it is pretty small.

Also saw the great red spot of Jupiter for the first time last night. It was to the top right at midnight next two two thin cloud bands. I have re named it the faint grey oval spot...!

A bit tired but just might try a few more tonight. Maybe 6548/6368/6278/7371 which are all possible but are a bit lower in the sky..

Enjoy your viewing..

Mark

Archived