Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nosepice for mono cam

Which cam ?

I bought a Hoya 27mm clear filter, removed the filter casing then the filter was slipped neatly ( very snug fit but does fit without any pushing required) into the short nose of the Lu and held in place with a miniscule amount of silicone around the edge to seal it completely.

Hi Karlo

Would you recommend this mod of adding the clear filter? As you know I'm awaiting my camera, and was reading up on housing i.e. your thread. Have you by any chance got any more photos of removal of the existing filter and addition of the new one?

Many thanks

Adam

Adam,

you dont need to remove any filter with your Lu070,as it has none. You may need to use some sort of filter on the nosepiece to keep the dust away. Which could be UV/IR filter or clear glass filter, food for thought...

Wrong !!!

There is a small IR/UV filter about 10mm* that sits at the bottom and can only be accessed by removing the black heat sink from the top of the frame ( not difficult) and removing the small circular holding frame( 2x small screws). I've kept mine , no idea why ?

Replace the holding frame and reseat the heat sink. THO READ THIS BIT FIRST!!

The 27mm HMC clear filter has no optical effect at all and merely for protection. Remove this from the filter cell and then.... having placed the iddiest, tiniest bit of silicone at the bottom of the "nose", using nitrile gloves ! ..you'll find this much easier to do if the heatsink is off then you can use finger and thumb from both sides to gently place the filter at the bottom making sure its flat ! Using a cocktail stick or similar add a tiny bit more silicone around the edge on the inside of the nose, then you can replace the heat sink-

NB whilst I was doing this I made sure I was wearing Nitrile gloves throughout and be sure not to touch either your skin or the chip ! :o

The cam was kept in an anti-stat bag whilst I was busy !

Adam I would heartily recommend this mod ! I did think why not keep the filter but.... knowing I was going to go RGB I didn't want the filter to remain. I'm sorry I've no pics from when I did it-but it's quite straight fwd and easy , have a rocket blower near and DON'T SNEEZE !! :)

Adam go here

Lu070

open the data sheet PDF and scroll down to the 3rd page. There you'll see the front , side and bottom elevations. In the front and more so in the side elevation you can see the recessed area behind the nose and the lickle screw holes that hold the filter holder in place.

Archived