NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First M57

Digz

Taken last night. A combination of 12 stacked frames totalling 25m 50s with darks added. Stacked in DSS.

Taken with my D200 at prime focus on my SW250P DS and 2x Barlow.

digz-albums-dso-picture6387-m57-100830.jpg

Coma is becoming apparent now at the edges so it will be time to break out my MPCC when I next go out.

Thoughts / comments and critique always welcome.

Hi Digz, well captured. You're really racking them up aren't you?

I may be wrong (still a newbie) but it looks as though you've blown out the stars a little - this is usually down to not flattening out your curve towards the end... Either that or the left-hand of the histogram has been cropped a little too much?

Lewis

Hey Lewis, appreciate the comments. Im really enjoying this, but I fear my bank balance wont, lol. Im rapidly wanted to get a cooled CCD :o

I think you are probably right, I noticed the stars did look blown when I uploaded. Not quite sure I know what you mean about flattening the curve out? I understand what curves are etc but what would you do to it to flatten it out?

Cheers

Archived