NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and the kids, minus one

Takahashi

I think I just missed Callisto in this one. This is a second attempt at Jupiter, having previously been way too ambitious with magnification before. I've taken on board some of the tips given to me by folks here, and it's certainly paying off.

Canon 500D on 2x PowerMate on FLT110. Used EOS Movie Record (+ 5x zoom) to snag about 1643 frames @ 944x632. Stacked and aligned in AviStack v2.0. No further post-processing in pic 1, other than a minor sharpening in Paint Shop Pro. Pic 2 has had heavier sharpening in Fractal Sharpen, quite fierce, but brings out more detail I think.

Is that the GRS just peeking round the left-limb?

jup2.jpg

jup2_heavy_sharped_contrasted.jpg

Thanks guys. It was a bit of a fluke, as I'd just spent hours "fighting" with the Synguider, trying to find suitable guide stars with which to get some pix of M31, but discovered that it was futile; the LP around me greatly reduced the number of candidate stars to lock onto, so as I was about to pack up and go to bed, I swung the scope around to Jupiter, grabbed a few vids, and that was that. :o

Archived