Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First M27 Dumbell

Uranium235

Last night was a good one, apart from the fact that ive come to the decision of never using the newt again (too much hassle to collimate). Halfway through the session I got fed up of dodgy focus, so switched scopes and hey presto - no more stupid halos :mad:

Donwside is, I now have no need for a virtually brand new MPCC. I wonder if FLO will take it back in P/X for a reducer?

Anyway, back to the point. Here's my first M27, it seemed the logical thing to go for as it was well away from the moon. I had to knock a fair bit of red out of the image (scaled to 75%), im not sure why but my flats always introduce unwanted red ;) I'll take some fresh ones tonight.

I had one nice surprise at the end of the night, I eyeballed M45 in the east - if i didnt have work tomorrow id be doing that one tonight!

Messier 27: Dumbell Nebula

ED80 + CCD CLS + 1000d Full spectrum

9x10min

Thanks for looking! :mad:

post-18171-133877476562_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877476568_thumb.jpg

Thanks man ;)

Theres a problem with the centering of the secondary on the newt, I find it near impossible to tell if its correct or not. So i'd rather just sell it off to someone who has the time to faff around with it. The "plug & play" nature of the fraccy means i spend more time taking subs, and less time with my arm down a newt fiddling with allen keys.

Archived