Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First image of Jupiter

simon84

Well I managed to get my first image of Jupiter last night.

Its a single image taken with my Canon EOS 1000D which was attached to my Baader Hyperion zoom lens with the EP set at 8mm.

This was then popped into my Equinox 120ED Apo.

The camera was set at ISO1600 and 1/20 sec.

Small amount of tweaking in PS and for a single image I'm really pleased with it.

jupiter.jpg

For a single image I'm quite amazed how much detail can be had. Next time out I will attempt a series of images so that I can try stacking them. Maybe a decent 2x ED barlow can be added to increase the size.

Hope you like and as its my first attempt any constructive criticism gratefully received.

Cheers.

Thankyou, yes it certainley does. We spent a good hour just looking at it, I invited my friend who helped build my viewing/imaging area, and he loved it aswell as it was his first view aswell.

I'm so tempted to buy a DMK now and try my hand at some avi stacking......

Thankyou, yes it certainley does. We spent a good hour just looking at it, I invited my friend who helped build my viewing/imaging area, and he loved it aswell as it was his first view aswell.

I'm so tempted to buy a DMK now and try my hand at some avi stacking......

Really great capture with the Canon! You can clearly see the 4 moons. Really well done!

I got my DMK21 incoming now. Can't wait! ;)

Archived