Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Clestron 15x170 and Horizon 8115 Tripod

Rob1961

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So in terms of splitting doubles in the 80mm. 30 seconds of arc is easy. Once you get down to 20mm it is pretty tough..I am presuming that below 20mm you need two perhaps equally paired mag 6 stars to split them but I have not checked that yet.

Mizar is extended but does not split. I am sure one of those posh 80mm binos with apo optics coudl split it.

Mark

Maybe, buth don't overlook the 'quality' of your own eyes. This too comes into play. Over the last couple of years i see my eye astigmatisme increasing, slow but sure. It has become so that i need my glasses to correct it in my 22x85. In my 15x70 due to the smaller magnification is is less bothersome.

Maybe, buth don't overlook the 'quality' of your own eyes. This too comes into play. Over the last couple of years i see my eye astigmatisme increasing, slow but sure. It has become so that i need my glasses to correct it in my 22x85. In my 15x70 due to the smaller magnification is is less bothersome.

So true. Last year i could spot 6 of the 7 sisters (naked eye with glasses). This year i can only count 5 of them.

Time to go to the opticians.

Archived