NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Great night with a retro feel :)

Tim

I have just acquired a Heq5 from FLO, which will be used for imaging at star parties with a single OTA rig.

However tonight I am at home, and have the obsy running some shots on the veil complex, so I thought why not try out the heq5 seeing as it is clear. So I mounted up my C9.25, which I have to admit rarely gets used, and have done a little tour of the sky with it, taking in the full moon, M13, M57, Albireo, Mizar and so on.

It all felt very familiar, and then I realised, I first started out with a Heq5 and the C9.25 :) It was like going back in time a couple of years. Add in the fact that it is FFFREEEZING :D out here tonight and it is very reminiscent of my first night out with a proper scope.

Looks like most of the southern half of the country will be clear all night, I hope plenty of members have the chance to enjoy the clear spell.

Cheers

TJ

Your an old softie at heart Tim! Good feeling though going back to basics, I did it myself the other night, I had planned to test my new AO/OAG and ended up doing a tour of the sites with my 12" SCT.

Steve..

Archived