Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first Astrophoto with My 8" Custom Telescope and HTC Touch Diamond II Mobile

Shiva_Shaan_5

I know this is not the best an amateur could possibly do with a 8". I have not been able to get the proper T ring for my Lumix FZ18 Camera hence I used my HTC Touch Diamond II Mobile camera to take this pic. I have not edited the pic with anything. The mobile was hand-held not fixed to the tele.

Any advice by for what setup(any DIY) I should/can use with my custom built 8" telescope for astrophotography particularly with Lumix FZ18 camera.

Telescope Specs:

The Mirror Dia is 8" ( 250mm)Focal Length 68" ( 1727 mm)

F ratio is 8.5

Any advice would be appreciated :D

post-20360-133877472614_thumb.jpg

Thanks dweller25 and starblazer you were the first to comment on my take.

:headbang:Respect.

With regard to the mirror dia, these were the specs given by the person who built the scope for me. I am novice to this hence I input those details.

He is a professional and was the head for the astronomical society in Bangalore for a very long duration, he might have mistyped either the mm or the ". He conducts sessions for people who like to build their own scope.

Regardless he has advised me the best ways on how I can use the Lumix with the scope, I am working on it now, if not achievable then maybe a web-cam mod or a second hand SLR is in process.

Will update as soon as possible, hoping for the skies to clear over Bangalore.

23-Aug-2010

Mates, I received a confirmation, the mirror dia is 200mm. Sorry about the mistype.

Archived