Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is there a cheaper TRF-2008?

Ben Ritchie

I need a TRF-2008 (TeleVue 0.8x reducer/flattener) but the price is hard to take.

It would be with a 480mm f/6.3 'scope that the TRF-2008 was specifically designed for, looking for excellent performance over a relatively large CCD and acceptable over DSLR scales. I know there are a few other options from William-Optics, SkyWatcher, Astro-Tech et al., but any idea how well they work?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered from them today and had a DHL tracking number an hour later...

Tele Vue 0,8x Reducer & Flattener für Refraktoren bis F=600mm - Teleskop-Express: Astro-Shop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

Works out about £230 I paid 19 euros for DHL Premium service on the stuff I ordered .. there normal post takes 4-5 days...

and no import duties to avoid or worrry about...

Peter...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Shaunster,

I definitely would but I asked SCS Astro to add one to my order and they don't seem to want to speak to me - they're not replying to my emails today nor answering the telephone. I'm sure they're very busy but if I call Greenwitch, I'm worried that I might end up with two flatteners in the mail!

Greenwitch will be my next port of call if SCS Astro don't get back to me this afternoon.

All the best,

Mike

SCS Astro have my order (I was ordering it with a scope) but otherwise I would have gone with Shaunster's suggestion of Greenwitch. (OR indeed Telescope House). I think Widescreen Centre might sell them too - they do sell Televue stuff, don't they?

They had ONE on the TV stand at NEAF...I won't depress everyone by saying how much the show price was...but let's just say, very depressing... the ONE they had they could not sell as it was for their "demo".. :-(

Archived