NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Final Veil Nebula

Uranium235

This one turned out to be a bit of a battle in the end, those last few subs were hard work (mount problems, cloud etc...). But now ive got 130min worth of the Veil nebula I can assume its safely in the bag :)

13x600s (plus dark, flats, bias)

Skywatcher 150p + 1000d full spectrum + CCD CLS filter

Thanks for looking :)

post-18171-133877471934_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877471943_thumb.jpg

Your veil looks great but I bet you could pull a lot more faint nebulosity out of this if you re-worked the sky background not to be so dark. I suspect that somewhere in your processing you have clipped the left hand end of the histogram.

Regards

Derrick

Thanks for pointing that out guys, I think I might have clipped the black point a bit too much. I was hoping somebody would say something because I wasnt quite sure if id got it right.

I will try it on the PC tonight (not the laptop) and re-work it to see if I can pull out a bit more of it, right after putting my mount back together as its in bits at the mo :)

Have just completed a reprocess and have managed to pull out a bit more of the veil. Hope thats better now, let me know if its still not right, thanks!

One thing has creeped in though, the use of the MPCC has introduced a strange halo next to the central main star - anyone get this before?

post-18171-133877472598_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877472605_thumb.jpg

Archived