Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

over to you guys

ok since starting astronomy about 3 years ago i have really got the bug now and am once again changing scope and setup

since starting i have owned and let go a meade 90, 125 etx a meade lightbridge 8 " and a meade 10"lx90 which i have just sold as when at salisbury star party last week i saw several shiny looking megrez's on equally shiny eq6 pro mounts and that is the route i am now thinking of going dow my budget is about 2000 to start although im sure i will exceed this as ever i like the idea of having a two scope set up one for guiding and one for imaging i was thinking of getting a megrez 72 and then a big megrez possibly a 110

the question is do you think im doing the right thing

helpppppppppppppppppp thanks

Not 100% sure but I think I was advised against the Megrez 110. Although it may have been the 102.

Seems that it didn't quite deliver the goods. Think it was FLO that I asked. Check with whoever about the 102 and 110, I was looking at the 90 at the time and the other although bigger wasn't greatly more in cost and I wondered why.

Beginning to think that as the 102 would be the next up from the 90 it was the 102 I was advised against.

Other thing is the Megrez's are doublets, and although good, at the f numbers, around f/6, they could show CA in the realm of photography, probably not noticable for visual.

How much are the flt 98 's compared to the Meg 110's?

Archived