Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dovetail mounting plate for eq3-2

Ahhh now I see, so I don't need a dovetail at all to mount a scope to my mount. Is there any disadvantage of this kind of mounting systems compared to a dovetail apart from ease of insertion?

And would I have any trouble finding a set of compatible tube rings or should any work?

Ahhh now I see, so I don't need a dovetail at all to mount a scope to my mount. Is there any disadvantage of this kind of mounting systems compared to a dovetail apart from ease of insertion?

And would I have any trouble finding a set of compatible tube rings or should any work?

The disadvantage of the old system was that the rings stayed on the mount so could get knocked or broken. Any Skywatcher rings should be suitable, just select the correct diameter for your telescope, the rings attach to the mount with a short M6 bolt.

Peter

Archived