Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Time out under the stars at last

Chris H

I've not been very active on the forum for a bit now because I've been very busy on a number of fronts. Firstly its summer and the camp site is pretty busy secondly and more importantly my wife and I have recently discovered our second child is on the way which has caused me to have to sort out some builders to finish our house renovation. Where we currently live is only two bedroom and when number 2 arrives in February we won't have room for us all.

Anyway last night finally the sky was clear and really dark so I got a good few hours out under the stars. It was great I spent some time around Cygnus, Lyra and Aquila checking out the highlights, I even think I might have spotted the North America Nebula through my bins very faint though. All the time Jupiter was rising and at 1 o'clock I turned my attention to it it was superb and looked amazing at x70 in the 17mm Ethos and x150 in the Ethos 8mm. The Ethos 17mm set it perfectly against a large chunk of space and I was blown away. Finally before I decided to call it a night I think I bagged Uranus and all in all had an excellent night.

Archived