Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7814 unguided

davy999

Ok,

Sods law, since I got hold of the CG5-GT mount the weather has not been playing ball!!!

Had major problems with alignment mainly due to weather and only partially clear skies. I am starting to get closer with alignment and tracking but I am sure a long way to go, especially as atm I am unguided.

As it has been some time since I uploaded any pics I thought I would upload these 2 from the other evenings attempts.

Image one is approx 4 images of 120 sec subs stacked with MaximDL4 and tweaked with CS3 and the second is approx 6 subs of 60 seconds processed the same way. Equipment used is in my profile, focal reducer was in use also.

The first image with 120 sec subs was done later in the session and was not very clear due to high cloud beginning to roll in. There is some signs of drift but compared to my earlier attempts where even 20 second subs had major drift this is a definite improvement. The second image is not so bad and you can certainly tell what it is even though the quality isnt quite there yet.

Comments / suggestions as always are very welcome.

p.s. I am posting this after meeting Martin from FLO at the SWAF, he said he had been keeping an eye out for my pics and as there had been none for ages I thought it time I obliged, even if the quality is a little low due to me, my equipment, and the weather :)

post-19779-133877467586_thumb.jpg

post-19779-133877467591_thumb.jpg

Archived