NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Asteroid 129, Antigone, photographed between 11.30pm & midnight on 03 June 2010. Stack of 24 20s exposures ISO 1600. Processed with DSS/GIMP.

The upper photo shows the widefield shot (somewhat cropped from the original). The globular in the top right is M12. Antigone is just over half way (56%) across and 10% from the bottom of the frame (co-ordinates 394,473). The lower photo is a close up with the asteroid, circled. When compared with the surrounding stars, its movement during the half hour the images were taken is apparent.

OK, in the grand scheme of things it may not amount to much, but for once I am really chuffed with the result.:mad::hello2::D:hello2:

That's really good mate, very impressive indeed.

Might be interesting to track that over a few days / weeks - then do an animation? (I do like a good animation).

Cheers

Ant

just seen the thread with the pluto picture. the star circled in yellow in the bottom left of my image is the same magnitude (14.0). never thought i would be capable of imaging pluto with a 4" scope, but am now motivated to try ... if the skies clear before it gets too close to the sun!!

Archived