NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

intes micro m615 or skywatcher 180 pro

Ive been beating myself up for so long now for selling my 180 pro that I have decided to get another mak but which one the intes micro m615 or another 180 pro its a case of apeture verses optical quality. :mad: if anyone has had any experiance of the intes micro m615 I would like to hear about it.

Can't speak for the 180 pro but I did have a Intes Micro M500 Mak Cass.

Brilliant, sharp, Russian optics.

Most of the Intes Micro range Mak Cass's offer the more usable F10 rather than F12 or slower(just noticed you mention the F15 version of the 6" I-M.....dohhh)

Superb baffling, even on the dewshield !

Solid build quality(no where near as heafty as the Tal Klevs, mind you), well finished.

In my example......zero image shift when using the focuser, which was pretty smooth.

Good 35mm(?) finder with option for illuminator to be screwed in.

2" SCT back, giving a wide range of options.

Very high quality 2" sct type mirror diagonal.

Good quality 12mm eyepiece and barlow.

Nice padded carry case, room for extras, as standard.

There is a massive difference in price between the 2 scopes, although 2nd hand Intes Micros are superb value for money.

Intes Micro Maks really are the best of their type. No doubts about it.

Now this is a purely personal viewpoint, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Russian Mak Cass, every time. You pay more(much more new), but the quality is obvious once you have the scope in hand.

Cheers,

Andy.

Speaking as an Intes Alter M715D owner- I think it's more than fair to say that as good as the 180Pro is, & I'm sure it is a v good scope ( cos I almost bought one ) the mirror quality on the 6" will more than make up for the loss of 1" aperture.

There'd need to be a very good reason why a new SW180 Pro is near as damn it a 1/4 of the price of a new 179mm F15 Intes. ( I didn't pay that BTW :D ):mad:

I am also looking at the various STF (Intes spin-off) MAK offerings. There is something rather reassuring in having "numbers" for the optical quality? And particularly with reference to some interesting discussions (and forum experiences) re. this very issue... :mad:

I am also looking at the various STF (Intes spin-off) MAK offerings. There is something rather reassuring in having "numbers" for the optical quality? And particularly with reference to some interesting discussions (and forum experiences) re. this very issue... :mad:

After my experiences tonight and yesterday I know now which I'd prefer for sure and you'll have to prise out of my cold dead grasp !!

Full of promise :D

Hmm the seller of the intes m615 seems reluctant to send me any pics of it before I make a 260 mile round trip to buy it so I am thinking about giving it a miss as I would like some idea of what I am going to be purchasing before I go so I might give it a miss for now and put the money towards a new one instead thanks for all the replies.

Mmm now that may be regarded as odd, tho TBH I had no idea 'bout mine till I got there .. & that was a nearly 250m round trip. It's a long way to go and find you're not happy with the purchase and more difficult to return empty handed.

Any reason for the reluctance re pics ???

Not sure about pics he has not given me any reason as to why he has not sent any altough I have asked a couple of times.The scope has been for sale for a while it is advertised as m615 black ota well I checked and intes micro never made any black ota's but the shop he bought it from remember the sale and apparently it was sprayed black because that is what the customer requested so at least I know its history. The thing is I always like to see a photo of any scope I am thinking of buying online one pic at least of the optics. So now the dilema do I make a special journey to london to have a look or wait until im next down there by which time it may be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived