Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcam Imaging Laptop Essentials?

Webcam imaging using a converted toucam is where I'm going to in the very near future.

So, for those that do it, what do you consider the 'must have' software on a dedicated webcaming laptop.

From doing a lot of reading and playing around, I think my choice of webcam software is going to be the 'SharpCap' one written by one of the members here, I'm very impressed with it.

Obviously stellarium needs to be on there.

iMerge looks like it's the bomb as an aid for making mosaics.

I think I'll leave processing (ie registax) out of it because I think I'd prefer to do any high level processing in the warmth of the house on my desktop.

So, without complicating things with guiding software etc, what other software would you say is a webcam imaging essential (used on laptop in the field) and why?

EDIT

Just thought of another... Polarfinder to aid in setup.

I'd be interested in others thoughts as well as I've just got an Acer One for this reason.

Current plans are to install capture program that came with the Neximage camera, AMcap, also Nexstar Observer List and Stellarium.

I'm also keeping Regi-Stax on the main PC for processing as I also have PhotoShop on that PC for final processing.

Thanks for the pointer Jon.

wxAstroCapture do a Linux version so I've added that to my old PC so I can run it as a spare for captures until the Acer One arrives as I can run an active USB cable from there to the scope. :mad:

Archived