NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone use Digital Setting Circles?

Hi Guys, I'm after some advice please...

I've got an old LX10 which has been gathering dust because it was so difficult to find anything. I've recently bought a Megrez 90 which is getting much more use because its easy to set up. But... I was thinking that given my observing time is quite limited (heavy work pressures) that I could use my time better if I could find things more easily. I've thought about just getting a celestron GT/SLT mount for the Megrez, but a couple of people have advised that that might not be stable enough for the Megrez.

So I've been looking at alternatives and after a lot of googling.. I've found Digital Setting Circles. To me they look like they might solve both my problems - I can buy one handset and two sets of encoders and sort out both my scopes (at a price - but Christams is coming!!).

I've looked at Lumicon, JMI and the Australian firm Wildcard (Argo Navis).

Has anyone any experience of these? or is able to offer alternatives?

Thanks

Helen

Hi,

I've used the JMI NGC Mini system on an Dob. It worked great but the display was the old "digital watch" type (if you know what I mean). It was an older system so they've probably changed this.

All in all I had no real complaints, it did what it claimed to do.

Gaz

Archived