Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking for a lathe operator/machinist/machine shop

AndyH

Looking to be pointed in the direction of someone who could machine me a couple of adapters, made out of either delrin or alluminium or something similar.

3755308036_df5cbe3949.jpg

The reason I mentioned delrin, is I already have a machined piece that I got as part of a finder scope. It's a Gary Russell(US) made, 60mm finder that has a 60mm binocular objective which screws into a block of delrin and a diagonal is inserted into the other end. The pic above shows a 80mm bino barrel inserted into the delrin block, in place of the 60mm one. Makes a totally awesome finder.

Pic below shows the bino barrel end.

4802048553_538e3245cd.jpg

4802678514_6326d97e58.jpg

So, I'm looking for an other couple of adapters so I can use the 60mm objective again and also use the other 80mm barrel. The backside of the block needs to machined through as 1.25". The front side, where the bino barrel goes needs to be opened up to fit the thread of the bino barrel. If the threading creates a problem, then it can just be a tight fit to accept the barrel. I can then drill and tap the adapter and use some grub screws to hold the barrel tightly in place. The adapter block can be in the region of 50mm to 60mm diameter.

Cheers,

Andy.

Archived