NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

remove diagonal?

Dreadzeps

Hi me old beans...still having problems getting a camera be it ccd or dslr to focus on the sun... if I remove the diagonal and fix imaging device on scope would that give me more play in the focus plane...im new to this solar imaging and pulling me hair out with the views im getting and the fact I cant capture to share the images with others.... so frustrating!!!!!

thinking of drilling hole in my head and fitting a cf card direct but hole cutter looks a bit blunt and I cant take pain.. so maybe not such a good idea .... please any one got any ideas to throw at me ?

many thanks

Stu :eek:

Hi Stu,

Removing the diagonal is indeed a good idea, you will get much more back focus. This way you have more chance to be able to focus on the Sun. I think imaging through a diagonal is not advisable anyway, because you loose light and you get the effect of all optical imperfections of your diagonal as well.

Good luck,

Janos

Janus a big thank you:)....thought it may help.

done the moon as we all do but using this new scope on the sun has been a pain....great images for this old eye but not so good for any imaging devices ...finger crossed I will give it a go in the week and see or not to see so to speak...

cheers

Stu

Archived