diagonal sale

im thinking of getting rid of my old 1.25" celestron diagonal that came with my 120 refractor, as i now have a 2" one.

is it normal to sell the diagonal with the adapter that makes it fit the 2" focuser, or should i keep the adapter in case i ever sell my OTA?

thanks

warren

Thats a good point Brian, for the money you'll get for it (a tenner?) it might be worth keeping the 1.25", it'll give you the option to shorten the light path for bino viewers, cameras etc where the 2" diagonal might cause problems.

Yup - it nearly happened to me - got the 2" diag and very nearly sold the 1.25" - then the bv's arrived and I couldn't get focus with the 2" diag. Very relieved I'd been tardy selling the little 'un :)

Hi Warren

Assuming you have the original focuser might be worth getting one of these? Adaptors - Two-inch Focus Extension tubes

this will prevent you scratching your shiny new diagonal with the thumbscrews. I think there's a lot of travel in the drawtube but I'd get the shorter 50mm one. Just check the focal point with the diagonal is far enough out though before you decide. The diagonal in the Celestron is not bad and I'd keep it too (although I sold mine in truth! - I think I got about £8 for it posted although with Astroboot now you'd probably get less).

Hi shane - too late im afraid!! Ive had the 2" diagonal a few months now and ive already grooved it (argghh!)

It seems that when you have to turn the diagonal, even if you loosen the screws off quite a bit, the weight of the diagonal and EP drags the barrel along the screws.

I think the barrel of the diagonal isnt very hard metal, its this one from scopes n skies

Antares Antares 2" Mirror star diagonal

Id advise anyone who gets one to do what you suggested, or buy some of those screws with the plasticy tips.

Hope all is well with you Shane - big up the omni massive (innit!) :)

w

Hi shane - too late im afraid!! Ive had the 2" diagonal a few months now and ive already grooved it (argghh!)

It seems that when you have to turn the diagonal, even if you loosen the screws off quite a bit, the weight of the diagonal and EP drags the barrel along the screws.

I think the barrel of the diagonal isnt very hard metal, its this one from scopes n skies

Antares Antares 2" Mirror star diagonal

Id advise anyone who gets one to do what you suggested, or buy some of those screws with the plasticy tips.

Hope all is well with you Shane - big up the omni massive (innit!) :D

w

bummer, I agree I think they may be made of brass? might be wrong.

to my kids' eternal embarrassment I'll say 'yeah man bangin'

I am really not cool at all, just old and getting fatter every year. unfortunately, I still think I am 20. :)

bummer, I agree I think they may be made of brass? might be wrong.

to my kids' eternal embarrassment I'll say 'yeah man bangin'

I am really not cool at all, just old and getting fatter every year. unfortunately, I still think I am 20. :)

its best to stay young at heart matey!

w

Archived