Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SXV-H16 Autoguider Interface

Hi All,

Is it possible to use this camera simultaneously for image acquisition and autoguiding without the need for a separate guide camera?

There is a USB port for image acquisition and an autoguider port that can connect to my EQ6.

The handbook is quite vague about how this autoguider port can be used. It goes on to explain how to use it with an "optional" external guide camera. But there is no mention how to autoguide without an external guide camera and acquire images at the same time. Not even sure whether it is possible.

Thanks,

Vincent.

post-14347-133877460812_thumb.jpg

No, you cannot use it for simultaneously imaging and guiding with the H16 chip.

The "optional" autoguider camera is the guide head, that plugs into the Autoguider camera socket and makes the camera a "dual chip" system.

I personally would use a Lodestar/QHY5/DSI as a guide camera instead, as many applications dont like/understand the SX dual chip system (PHD being one of them!).

Thanks Steve. Thats one complicated option out of the way.

Have bought a second EQ6 and looking for a better guiding setup than the ST80/DFK I use at the moment.

Dual chip and same chip ruled out now!

Archived