NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

8" f6 Newt, suitable wide angle ep

Hello all, I'm currently looking for a suitable wide angle 2" ep, somewhere in the region of 25 to 30mm, to make dso finding a little easier.

My scope sits on a non goto eq mount, so my starhopping abilities are sometimes put to the test. I use an rdf & finder scope to assist in getting where I think the target is supposed to be, however I think maybe a nice wide angle 25/ 30mm ep would assist with the final search.

Anyone out there got any opinions or recommendations on what to try. I've looked at several to date but all mention the dreaded distortion when used in a scope such as mine (f6 Orion SPX), thereby making the wide angle aspect somewhat useless.

Any suggestions?

BTW, price range upto £150 (or a little more as long as my good lady wife doesnt find out!)

I use a Skywatcher Panaview 38mm (The scopes an 8" F5). I dont really notice the edge distortion. Technically the EP is too big for the scope but I find it pretty nice.

The 32mm at £70 would keep the cost down for you if budget is the way to go.

The Skywatcher Nirvanas are reputed to be top notch if you want to go to the top end of the budget.

Some good choices there no doubt.

I may try the more cost effective option of a Panaview to start with & see how my scope gets on with it.

Thanks for the responses, most useful

;)

Archived