NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fuji Finepix S5600

rockville

I am looking for a reflector and I was wondering how I could attach my digital camera to it. I have an Olympus OM1 that has a bayonet mount and though I havent used it for a number of years I seem to recall various adapters for attaching to telescopes so I understand roughly how thats done, but how do you go about attaching a digital camera to capture images? Some of the images I have seen appear to have be taken using compact cameras attached to the telescope, or have I got this wrong?

There are a number of ways odf attaching a digital compact to a telescope. All the methods involve taking photographs through the telescope's eyepiece so revolve around the method of attaching the camera. Simple digital compacts don't possess a filter thread so you need to hold the camera up to the eyepiece or use a bracket such as one of these Skywatcher universal camera adapters. Cameras with a filter thread can use a threaded adapter that screws onto the camera's lens and then attaches to a suitable eyepiece using a t-thread or an eyepiece adapter such as one of these camera adapters (third item from bottom of page, item A). The eyepiece fits inside the barrel of the adapter and the digital compact is attached to the barrel using a t-thread adapter.

Peter

Archived