Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alternatives to Apple Time Capsule?

Digz

Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new into Apple with a Macbook Pro and now I'm starting to get into AP I can imagine I will be generating a lot of data, not to mention the data I generate through photography.

So my question is are there any alternatives to wireless backup for a Mac - or is a Timecapsule the only way? If I can achieve the same process of background backup (using the mac software) for a cheaper outlay this would be great.

I guess I'm looking at maybe 1TB of storage may with some redundant backup or mirroring of the drives (being a keen amateur photographer I an conscious of loosing data and therefore would like to ensure it is stored in several locations.)

TIA

Something like a NAS?

It plugs into your wireless router and is available across the network to any device that can connect to it.

This one is the first one I found when searching - but there are plenty...

HTH

Ant

Hi Ant, thanks for the heads-up. My total knowledge of this kind of stuff is summed up in the original post (diddly squat to put it politely, lol.)

Ill have a look at NAS and see what comes up, in the meantime if anyone has used and alternatives they use I would appreciate their input :rolleyes:

Hi shaunster, thanks for the comments. I think Im really looking for a wireless solution as I already have several 500gb USB external HDD (probably should have mentioned this.)

Archived