NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Imaging with a Lumix TZ6

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

I have the TZ7 and am thinking about purchasing the SkyMax 127 as my first scope. I'm wondering the same thing :)

The TZ6 and TZ7 don't have threads for lens adaptors so the only other way I know of is to use some sort of bracket to hold the camera above the eyepiece. I'm a total newbie so hopefully someone more experienced will be along in a minute to answer the question for both of us :D

I've got a TZ4 that I use for imaging. Last year at Astrofest i picked up a Baader microstage camera mount. Its a great little piece of kit for afocal imaging, though it does just hang onto the eyepiece using friction, I've not had any accidents with it yet but if something wasn't quite tight it could easily become an expensive accident, but thats the only con I've found with it.

It wasn't quite this model, but this is far more adaptable to different eyepieces than the one I have Adaptors - Baader Microstage Clickstop digital camera adapter

In fact I might get one of these as well.

Hope thats the kind of thing you were after :)

B-B

Archived