Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ETX LTN Module

Hello All

Can i ask how the information gets from the LTN module to the autostar or CPU on the ETX telescopes please? Is it wired or wireless Can the LTN module be fitted after market to a non equipped ETX LTN scope? Or can the only be used when they are factory fitted as the ETX-PE scopes

Andy

Hi Steve

I might seam thick but "mighty ETX side" what is this?.

We nearly have the same kit I have just got the 80-200ed F2.8 lens for the nikon though..

Any tricks on setting up the ETX-125 Iv had it nearly 2months and only had it out of its case once And that was to try a new power pack i bought for it LOL

Regs Andy

Can the LTN module be fitted after market to a non equipped ETX LTN scope? Or can the only be used when they are factory fitted as the ETX-PE scopes

The LTN module appears to be the same with ETX & LX90 scopes. It's wired and requires the software in the Meade Autostar II / III to operate.

You could make something similar using a magnet, a couple of microswitches to detect the position of the magnet and a mercury tilt switch to sense "level".

Hi sorry for late reply, the ETX is very easy to set up the trick is to make sure its level (dont think that will be a problem with yours as you have the LNT module). It is also much quieter than some goto mounts out there and very stable.

If you are having any problems setting it post what problems you have and ill try and help. :)

Oh got you!!! sorry. i dont think it can be fitted after as you will need to wire it in and would be more hassle than its worth. a mini spirit level is what i use to get it level and a hiking compass to point it north.

Once thats done goto is quiet accurate, you can also sync it on an object by holding the enter button for a few seconds read display and press enter again.

i dont think it can be fitted after as you will need to wire it in and would be more hassle than its worth.

IIRC from my LX90 the LNT cable plugs into the AUX socket on the scope. The ETX PE models have an AUX socket ... whether it functions or not then depends on whether the software in the handbox looks for a LNT module on power up.

a mini spirit level is what i use to get it level and a hiking compass to point it north.

Yeah, and it's more accurate than the LNT on my LX90 was ... because of the wobbly mounting provided for the LNT module, not one of Meade's better pieces of engineering.

Mind you, it's sort of nice to have the scope do a little dance for you on power up.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived