Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just excited!

joey7415963

Had to post this, I had a really awesome night tonight. Couldn't ask for a clearer night, sat down, done some proper reading and finally learned how to polar align and consequently navigate! So far I've been using a combination of star hopping and sheer chance, I call it "star hoping".

Putting it to the test, I found the coordinates for Bode's Neb. M81/82 and voila! it was straight in the EP!

Really looking forward to more observing tomorrow :D

PS: Thanks to all who have helped me so far, both directly (answering my queries) and indirectly (me reading previous posts).

Hi Joey

glad u got the hang of things...sounds like u had a really good time! Im a newbee also, but dont have go-to. I went to my local observatory last night, to help do the 'gardening'. Altho i took my scope, the clouds rolled-in big time...soo went home 2 bed. Couldnt sleep, & by chance, looked out of the window 2 see CLEAR SKIES!!! drove back up 2 failand for a couple of hours astro photography...shootin M101 for the first time. Dont think they will come out well tho, but i enjoyed myself just the same! Roll on tonight!...after the footy that is!...lol

cheers

bob

Archived