Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zeiss spares ?

John

I've just picked up a pair of Carl Zeis Jena 8x30w Jenoptem's for next to nothing :D

I've done my research on the web and they are, I believe, the genuine article and seem to date from the mid-1980's.

They are well used but optically unmarked. The only downside with them is that one of the screw on eye cups (hard plastic not rubber) is missing.

Does anyone know if spares for the Zeiss Jena (East German) binoculars can be obtained ?.

Alternatively I was thinking of looking out for an old pair of 8x30's of a similar design - condition doesn't matter - I'm hoping that I could salvage a suitable plastic eye cup that way ?.

Thanks

Here is a photo of the missing cap:

post-12764-133877454752_thumb.jpg

Hi John, maybe Optical Repairs - Fix Binocular repairs, Telescopes repairs, Ophthalmic could help. They cleaned & collimated my old Asahi Pentax 10x50s a few years ago & did a great job, not cheap though. Ed.

Thanks - I've managed to get a broken pair of "clones" from a charity shop and the eyecups from those fit the Zeiss Jena's fine :)

Archived