Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Coast Observing 12th June

If anyone lives in the South Coast region and fancies a mini star party, we are planning our third observing session for this coming weekend (12th June). I know it clashes with the football but we won't be starting until midnight anyway due to the summer skies.

Hoping to go through until dawn, taking in an early season Jupiter/Uranus. Plus all the yummy deepsky stuff and perhaps a comet to boot.

If you are interested, send me a PM titled 'SCAG' and i'll send you an invite.

Many thanks to all that turned up last night (this morning).....we had an awesome time. Forecast was very iffy but got very lucky with some brilliant skies from 11.30pm to 2.00am. The Milkyway was something to behold, stretching down into the southern horizon, and simply amazing through Cygnus.

We nailed a ton of objects, including Comet McNaught, Veil, loads in Ursa Major and Cygnus. One of the highlights was the abundance of southerly objects - M8, M16, M20 to name but a few. We also did our public outreach bit showing some bird watchers a nice view of Saturn and Venus.

And all topped with a hotdog knocked up by Mark & Jay.

Only disappoitment was the cloud returning before Jupiter and Uranus could rise.

Archived