Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2" diagonal with Powermate 2x 2"

I just had to realise that i cannot fit my 1.25" TV barlow into the 1.25" diagonal that came with the scope.

The barlow unfortunately hit the diagonal mirror long befor fully inserted. (fortunately the mirror seems to be still ok)

As i want to upgrade to an 2" diagonal anyway. Has someone experienced a similar problem with a 2" diagonal and the 2x 2" Powermate (the barrel looks a lot shorter on pictures than the barlow's one) ?

Thanks John, you are right is states on the website that the 2" Powermate should fit into a 2" diagonal.

That just leaves the question if the combined weight of an heavy 2" ep and the Powermate could be problematic (well, Baader claims that you can easely carry a 8" SCT with their 2 " click lock diagonal, so maby not)

The metal of any decent 2" diagonal should easily carry such weight. If you can mount a 2.6 lb Contax RTS-III (weight w/o batteries, the RTS-III is te kind of SLR tat you can still use to hammer a nail into a wall) to a Vixen flip mirror, the barlow/EP combination should be OK.

Whether your scope is still in proper balance is another matter.

Archived